What some people may or may not know about their websites.
ABOUT THE ENDORSEMENT GUIDES
- Do the Endorsement Guides apply to social media?
- Yes. Truth in advertising is important in all media, whether they have been around for decades (like, television and magazines) or are relatively new (like, blogs and social media).
- Isn’t it common knowledge that bloggers are paid to tout products or that if you click a link on a blogger’s site to buy a product, the blogger will get a commission?
- No. Some bloggers who mention products in their posts have no connection to the marketers of those products – they don’t receive anything for their reviews or get a commission. They simply recommend those products to their readers because they believe in them.
- Moreover, the financial arrangements between some bloggers and advertisers may be apparent to industry insiders, but not to everyone else who reads a particular blog.
- Under the law, an act or practice is deceptive if it misleads “a significant minority” of consumers. Even if some readers are aware of these deals, many readers aren’t. That’s why disclosure is important.
- Are you monitoring bloggers?
- Generally not, but if concerns about possible violations of the FTC Act come to our attention, we’ll evaluate them case by case. If law enforcement becomes necessary, our focus usually will be on advertisers or their ad agencies and public relations firms. Action against an individual endorser, however, might be appropriate in certain circumstances.
All material on this website is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute medical, legal, financial, or other professional advice on any subject matter.
Some of the links on this website are affiliate links, which means that I may earn a commission if you click on the link or make a purchase using the link.
When you make a purchase, the price you pay will be the same whether you use the affiliate link or go directly to the vendor’s website using a non-affiliate link.
By using the affiliate links, you are helping support thegr8st1.com website, and I genuinely appreciate your support.
We are not affiliated a as an Amazon affiliate yet
As a fellow Internet user myself, I totally respect your online privacy.
So it goes without saying that I’m fully committed to safeguarding your online privacy while you’re here at thegr8st1.com website and in all I do.
And that’s precisely why I’ve decided to include the following, which discloses the information gathering and dissemination practices for this website.
Like most standard websites, this website uses log files.
- These include:
- Internet Protocol addresses (IP addresses),
- browser type,
- Internet Service Provider (ISP),
- referring/exit pages,
- platform type,
- date/time stamp,
- and the number of clicks to analyze trends,
- administer the site,
- track user movement in the aggregate,
- and to gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
- IP addresses, etc., are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Web Cookies and Beacons
Web cookies (also known as HTTP cookies, or just cookies) are parcels of text that are sent by a server to a Web browser, and then sent back unchanged by the browser each time it accesses that server.
In other words, a cookie is a piece of data stored on a user’s computer that is tied to information about the user.
Web beacons are objects that are embedded in a webpage or email that are invisible to the user, but allow checking that a user has viewed the page or email.
Other names are web bug, tracking bug, tag or page tag.
This site has no access to, or control of advertisers’ web cookies or web beacons!
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options.
Please check your browser’s help section for instructions on how to do this.
This website contains links to other websites.
Please be aware that I am not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites.
I use outside advertising networks and companies in order to display ads on this site.
These ads may contain cookies and/or web beacons in order to collect data in the ad serving process.
These such cookies and/or web beacons are collected by the companies and/or advertising networks, themselves.
I do not have any access to this information.
I currently work with several advertising networks and companies.
- For a complete list of the companies we work with, send us an email to our marketing department at email@example.com
- Be sure and put company list request in the title section of your email.
If you have any questions, please check their websites for their respective privacy policies.
Webmaster Contact Information